Sunday, June 16, 2013

This is not a rock and roll road trip

Rock and roll road trips are the trips you take with friends and lovers to some place fun and exciting. The music is somewhat irrelevant because it is only heard in between laughter and conversation or the occasional friendly argument. This is was not a rock and roll road trip. I drove alone from Seattle to Anderson, CA and back, and not for fun either. A total of about 36 hours on the road, not including the distance between my hotel and my destination and the time lost to detours. I took a stab at learning French in my car but quickly perte d'intérêt. The route home was much more interesting as I chose the scenic route up Highway 101. 

The thing about staring at the road for that long is that there is nothing really to distract you from your thoughts. It's a time to contemplate and reflect, but that can be dangerous if you're not careful. Which is why musical selection is key. Here's a list of the songs that saved me from myself. Listen on Spotify.

These Days- Nico
Gold Soundz- Pavement
Lawyers, Guns and Money- Warren Zevon
A Horse With No Name- America
No Rain- Blind Melon
Big Yellow Taxi- Joni Mitchell
Goodbye, Horses- Q Lazzarus & Garvey
Mt. St. Helens- Mirah
Stephanie Says- The Velvet Underground
Shady Lane- Pavement


xoxo-
juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment