Monday, May 20, 2013

Softly In The Sunshine

On Wednesday, the lovely and prolific Laura Marling stopped by the KEXP studios for an in studio performance. I'd heard a few of her songs in the past and kept her on my list of artists to listen to more in depth (if her song the Beast does not entrance you I don't know what will.) Needless to say her set was amazing. I immediately put her fourth album, A Creature I Don't Know, onto my iPod and went about my day softly in the sunshine. I decided to make a folk inspired playlist this week featuring a few of my favorite songs of all time. Prepare yourself for lots of bright guitars and poetry sung by soulfully worn voices- I hope you like it. Also, take note that Laura Marling's most recent album Once I Was An Eagle comes out May 28!

http://open.spotify.com/user/1221485850/playlist/2YEy5uhXF62Z8kKG5OWDqE

1) Laura Marling- Salinas; A Creature I Don't Know
2) Iron and Wine- Kingdom of the Animals; Around the Well
3) Elizabeth Cotten- Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie; Freight Train
4) Bill Callahan- Rococo Zephyr; Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle
5) Devendra Banhart- Seahorse; Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Mountain
6) Daughter- Human; If You Leave
7) Jen Grant- I've Got Your Fire; The Beautiful Wild
8) Bob Dylan- Boots of Spanish Leather; The Times They Are A Changin'
9) Joseph Spence- Bimini Gal; Friends of Old Time Music (comp.)
10) Elliott Smith- Clementine; Elliott Smith
11) Joni Mitchell- Little Green; Blue

xo-
juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment